The GSA Advisory Panel has developed a new exciting program that involves gymnastics skills training and personal development sessions. Athletes will train together in addition to their usual local club training and competition sessions.
Induction was held on the July 3rd with presentations held for :
- Psychology (Time Management / Goal Setting)
- Strength & Conditioning ( Injury Prevention / Management)
Gymnasts will have specialist coaching sessions with Strength and Conditioning at the start of the following sessions:
- Sunday 4th September – Maffra
- Sunday 18th September – Bairnsdale
- Sunday 20th November – Traralgon
- Sunday 27th November – Morwell
The program focuses on creating opportunities for athletes to improve their skills to be the best they can be.
Expectations of Athletes
Athletes are expected to attend all Academy activities, where possible, this involves committing to:
- Attend all training sessions
- Follow the strength and conditioning program, including completing components at home.
- Attend other Academy functions such as Induction, any athlete development day & Awards evening.
Molly Van Berkel
Strength & Conditioning