2018/2019 Gymnastics Program
The Gippsland Sports Academy, with the endorsement of Gymnastics Victoria, is supporting local gymnasts to reach their full potential through the establishment of a new program that will be led by high performance coaches Tracey Penaluna and Alistair Edgar.
Around sixty aspiring Gippsland gymnasts are selected for the 2018-19 program. The program includes intensive training clinics run by specialist gymnastics coaches and high performance service providers.
The program has been designed to enhance the training and competition opportunities currently available to Gippsland gymnasts and to help them achieve success at State and National competitions.
Athletes are expected to attend all Academy activities, where possible, this involves committing to:
- Attend all training sessions
- Follow the strength and conditioning program, including completing components at home.
- Attend other Academy functions such as Induction, any athlete development days & Awards evening.
2018/2019 Training Dates/Times
- Sunday 21 October: Energetics Traralgon
- Sunday 18 November: Maffra Gymnastics
- Sunday 2 December: Maffra Gymnastics
Silver: 9:30am – 12:30pm
2019 training dates will be confirmed once the 2019 Gymnastics Victoria competition calendar has been set.
- Alistair Edgar (Coach)
- Tracey Penaluna (Coach)
- Tom Wheeler (Strength & Conditioning)
- Lauren Nicholls (Hex Health – Nutrition)
- Lirit Janover (Psychologist)
- Gordon Draper
- Alistair Edgar
- Sharyn Henderson
- Miranda Wilson
- Marie Miles
- Jim Vivian
Congratulations to the 2018/2019 Athletes